Last updated on 15th Jan 2019
2. Collection of personal data
We may obtain personal information about you from the various sources as follows:
2.1 Information you provide directly to us
You may provide us your information in a number of ways, such as when you create an account online, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in an offer or promotion, make a purchase on our digital platform (website, social media or through our mobile applications) or other client engagement programs. Examples of information provided are listed below:
• Contact information (such as your name, phone numbers, home address, email address).
• Age, date of birth, gender, nationality, preferred language, interests and lifestyle.
• Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address).
• Purchase history.
• Expressed personal preferences (such as product preferences, communication and language settings).
• Your physical characteristics and skincare concerns.
• Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact.
• Interaction with us (such as surveys, feedbacks, reviews, articles and photographs via social media).
2.2 Information indirectly collected
Cookies are small piece of data which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. Cookies are used to recognize your computer as you move/browse/toggle between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. They are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to us.
The cookies that we use can be categorized as follows:
Technical or browsing cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with the services available through this platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. They allow you to create an account, log in and manage your orders. If you are a registered user, there cookies mean you will be recognized as such when you access the services offered to our registered users. These cookies will recognize if you make a purchase from the website through an affiliated or partner site so that we can fulfill any obligations we may have to those partner sites.
Functional cookies: These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this platform. They improve visitor’s user experience and convenience, such as to remember your language and product preferences. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on the website or engage with us on or through social networking websites such as Facebook, which may link your use of our Platforms to targeting/advertising activities.
Analytical cookies: These cookies are essential in measuring the performance of a website and to optimize it. Analytical cookies are used to track visitors on the website and the resulting analysis may be also shared with our business partner. Some of the information we collect include the number of visitors to the website, how do you browse, how long are they staying, and what are they looking at.
Marketing cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertising or promotional areas that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
You have the right to opt out of the cookies, by changing your browser settings so that cookies from our digital platform cannot be placed on your device. However, please note that you may lose functionality at our website and your user experience may be affected if you chose to delete or disable the cookies. You can visit www.allaboutcookies.org to learn what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them. By rejecting or disabling cookies, certain website content or functionality may not be available to you.
To disable analytical cookies and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all website, you can download the Google Analytics Opt out Browser Add-on: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
3. Why do we collect your information?
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• Set up and manage your online account on our digital platform.
• Fulfill purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services.
• Send service related communication, including announcements and administrative message.
• Manage our accounts and records.
• To undertake credit check, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime in accordance with applicable law.
• Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information and send you marketing communications (including emails and social media audience matching).
• Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers.
• Understand how our platform is used so that we can continuously improve our platform and services and other offerings.
We also share information with third parties including social media and search engine partners:
We aggregate your personal data with the information of other customers, creating a dataset of information about the usage of our Platforms, purchase of our products, and other general, grouped information about our customers. Although this dataset is aggregated and anonymized, meaning it cannot directly identify you as an individual, it provides a valuable insight into the use of our Platforms and we will share it with select third parties. These parties include our group companies.
We also transfer information about you to ad technology providers and our social media and search engine partners (including Facebook, Google and Twitter) so that they may recognize your devices and deliver interest based content and advertisements. The information can include your name, postal address, email, device ID, or other identifier in encrypted form. The providers often process the information in hashed or de-identified form. These providers can collect additional information from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system; combine information about you with information from other companies in data sharing cooperatives in which we participate; and may place or recognize their own unique cookie on your browser. The third parties that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies and we have no access to read or write these cookies.
4. Keeping your personal data secure
We respect your personal information and take steps to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction or disclosure and we limit access to your personal data to persons who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you.
Our platforms may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how those third parties may use your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you create an account with us, you will be asked to provide an account user name and password as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
5. Sharing your information
We may disclose your personal data to the parties indicated below without first obtaining your consent for the following reasons:
• To employees of Rock and Herb Private Limited that need to have access to your personal data and are authorized to process them in order service you and who are committed to confidentiality.
• Third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these services include providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks, fraud prevention, advertising, marketing services and delivery of goods to you.
• We will disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
6. Your rights
In accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data. A summary of these rights is provided below:
• The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
• The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your data or to complete your information.
• The right to require us to delete your personal data – in certain situations.
• The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data.
• The right to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The right to stop receiving our marketing communication.